Our Crisis Nursery provides child abuse prevention services for children from birth to six years; through emergency intervention and respite care, crisis counseling, and support services to families facing stress related to domestic violence, parenting challenges, mental health issues, and other situations that put children at risk. In turn, parent stress levels are reduced, parenting skills increased, and children are safe. Family stability is improved while children are in a safe environment.
All services that our Crisis Nursery provides are free to parents residing in Peoria, Tazewell, and Woodford counties. Our services are offered 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Children can stay up to 72 hours depending on the situation. We also offer parent education classes throughout the community and encourage parental participation. Families are frequently referred to community agencies based on individual or family needs.
Crittenton Centers gladly accepts diapers, formula, clothes, educational toys, and other infant & child related items. For a current list of needs, please click here.
- 31,000 hours of crisis care annually
- $46,000 in basic need supplies given to families in need annually
- WIC does NOT provide enough formula for an entire month
You can make a difference!
- $10.00 buys one small can of formula (32 -50 distributed weekly)
- $30.00 buys one case of diapers (165 distributed daily)
- $100.00 provides one hour of fully staffed crisis care (Open 24/7/365)
Click here to Donate
For more information about the Crisis Nursery, please contact our Crisis Nursery Coordinator, at 309-674-0105 x 211 or firstname.lastname@example.org.