Welcome to Crittenton Centers’ Family Services Program! Our comprehensive range of educational and supportive programs is tailored to uplift parents, strengthen families, and prevent child abuse and neglect. From our impactful home visiting programs to the enriching Milestones curriculum and insightful Parent Education classes, we’re dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for families in our community. At the heart of our efforts lies the Family Advocacy Center, serving as a guiding light for all who seek support and guidance. We strongly encourage all families within our community to participate in our Family Services Programs, as we believe in the transformative power of education, connection, and empowerment.
Family Advocacy Center
Crittenton Centers’ Family Advocacy Center supports family reunification and the prevention of substitute care placement by promoting safety, permanency, and the well-being of children. Family Advocates provided services to families involved with the child welfare system and those needing support during this time.
- Advocacy: Assisting and supporting parents navigate the court system and case management requirements.
- Mentoring: Assisting with the development of short and long-term goals.
- Communication Resource Referrals: Assisting in linkage with other community services needed by the family.
- Education: Parent education classes, support groups, anger management, and parent coaching.
Positive Parenting Program – Triple P – is an evidence-based program that gives parents simple and practical strategies to help them build strong, healthy relationships that help them manage their children’s behavior. Serves children 6-12 years old in DCFS intact, guardianship, or post-adopt families.
Children who experience abuse and neglect are 59% more likely to be arrested as a juvenile
Home Visiting Programs
Crittenton Centers’ Milestones program serves tri-county families with children birth-age 3 and focuses on family strengths and parent-child interaction. This program helps parents recognize their strengths and fosters the parent-child relationship thorough bi-weekly visits, activities, development of early literacy skills, development screenings, and monthly parent connections that promote parent-child interactions.
Services offered include:
- Frequent Home Visits with a Certified “Parents As Teachers” Family Educator
- Parent/Child Activities including the development of early literacy skills
- Ongoing Developmental Screenings; Hearing and Vision Screenings
- Group Outings to provide Family Education Opportunities
Our Doulas provide nonclinical physical, emotional, and information support during pregnancy, birth, and the early weeks of parenting. More than just providing no-cost services, your doula and parent educator will partner to provide you with the best support, essential resources, and advocacy. Clients enrolled in our Milestones program have access to home visits from our doulas.
All Crittenton Centers’ Family Services Programs are free. If more information or for eligibility requirements, please contact our Family Services Coordinator, at 309-674-0105 or email us: FS@Crittentoncenters.org.